Whether you need a break from a hard dayís work or a long day of shopping, Chicago has the spa scene to save your body and soul. Head out to the high-class Peninsula in downtown or out to the laid-back Studio Within in Lakeview, and give yourself the treatment you deserve. Body wraps, mitts and booties, facials, pedicures, massages, steam baths, cream baths, exfoliation, manicures, detoxification, aloe vera, aromatherapy, shiatsu, hair styling, make-up lessons, jojoba body polish, sauna, jet baths, or yoga sessions are but a few of the many options available throughout Chicagolandís many spas and resorts.
Chicago winters are no joke and after months of sub-zero temps and biting cold winds your skin is sure to need special attention. Fortunately, all it takes is a trip to one the cityís well-equipped spas where you can sit back and relax as specialists nurse your chapped, wind-chilled derma layers back to health.
The city and suburbs are teeming with places where you can pamper yourself however there are several signature spas and health resorts that have a reputation for indulging their guests in unsurpassed luxury. Curious? Hereís a list of the areaís best known:
- Doral Eaglewood Resort & Spa is a relaxing escape from the daily grind, located just 35 minutes from the Loop on a 106-acre, wooded estate in Itasca, Illinois. In addition to a health spa, Doral offers visitors a scenic golf course that stretches 6,000+ yards and lots of indoor entertainment options, such as billiards, bowling, and much more.
The resort has 295 spacious hotel rooms that envelope guests with lavish comfort and top-of-the-line amenities. From pillow-top mattresses and terry cloth bathrobes to unobstructed views of the golf course from your own private balcony, this luxury resort is a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- Indian Oak Resort & Spa is also located outside the city, which makes for a much more relaxing stay. Just leave everything behind and enter the realm of leisure and respite at this tranquil lakeside retreat. Situated on its own private lake and engulfed in a sea of trees and green foliage, Indian Oak offers guests an exclusive spot to vacation.
With the Indiana Dunes and Lake Michigan near by, summer and fall are the resortís most popular seasons. But, no matter what time of year it is, at Indian Oak love is always in the air! The cozy, wilderness lodge atmosphere is just right for romantic getaways and the onsite gazebo provides an ideal setting for an outdoor wedding.
- Honey Child Salon and Spa 735 North LaSalle Avenue
"Rich brown tones create a calming atmosphere at this three-floor spa. Flowy, cream sheaths cover windows, shielding guests from busy LaSalle Street. Friendly and dressed mostly in stylish black, staff isn't too hip to be straight with advice. Honest opinions on hair styles and skin treatments bring out your best."
- Om: A Spa for Your Spirit 34 East Oak Street
The lack of frenetic activity at Om means unwinding begins the moment you exit the elevator and slip off your shoes at the door. Feng shui is practiced throughout the sparse-but-warm waiting area and five treatment rooms. Peruse spa and meditative products while you wait, or simply sip a glass of water or hot tea."
- The Peninsula Spa 108 East Superior Street
The 14,000 sq ft Peninsula Spa is Chicago's most talked about spa and fitness center and is located on the top two floors of The Peninsula Chicago. Its floor-to-ceiling windows ensure spectacular views. Guests can enjoy a wide range of relaxing and rejuvenating beauty therapies, inventive spa cuisine, the latest exercise equipment, and a relaxing pool and sundeck, which overlooks the city. Access to the Peninsula Spa is complimentary to all hotel guests."
- REN 2204 North Clark Street in Lincoln Park
- Spa Space 161 North Canal Street in the Loop
- Channingís Day Spa 54 East Oak Street in the Gold Coast